This casserole is inexpensive and delicious. It makes eight gigantic servings and takes less than an hour to make!
1 can corn ($0.33)
1 can black beans ($0.33)
1 can ro-tel (diced tomatoes with jalapeno) ($1.49)
2 cans vegetarian refried beans ($2.36)
1/2 package corn tortillas ($0.96)
juice of 1/2 lime ($0.10)
2 tbsp. adobo sauce ($0.25)
2/3 cup vegan sour cream ($0.65)
1. Preheat oven to 400. Layer corn tortillas in the bottom of a casserole pan, I fold mine in half and tear them so that they fit evenly against the edges of the dish.
2. Spread 1 can of refried beans evenly over tortillas using the back of a spoon.
3. Mix corn and black beans together with 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro and layer evenly on top of the casserole.
4. Now add another layer of tortillas, and another layer of refried beans. Once that’s done layer on your ro-tel (or jalapeno tomato mixture of your choice). Spread 1 tbsp. adobo sauce across the tomatoes along with the juice of half a lime.
5. Put casserole dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
6. While the casserole bakes, whip together vegan sour cream and 1 tbsp. adobo sauce. When dish is done baking, spread the cream mixture evenly over the tomatoes.
7. Bake for an additional 10 minutes until the sour cream browns and crisps up.
Now slice and serve!