I am pleased and excited to announce that I have been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by Johanna over at Whole And Happy Food! Thanks Johanna!
I’d like to nominate a few of my own favorite blogs that I find particularly beautiful, creative, and innovative- including:
Thanks to everyone who continues to make this community one that is welcome to newcomers and seasoned pros alike!
The rules for the Sunshine Award are:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
- Answer the same 10 questions given.
- Nominate up to 10 blogs for the award, a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
1. Where would you most like to travel to?
I have quite a few places on my travel list, I’d love to go to Machu Picchu, I’ve always been fascinated by the mystery of the place. Of course I’d love to spend some time in France, and I can’t imagine anything more stunning that traveling through Norway to see the northern lights.
2. Do you have a sweet tooth?
I have what I would call a salt tooth. I would choose chips and pickles over chocolate any day.
3. What motivates you to keep blogging?
I love cooking and creating original recipes. Blogging gives me an opportunity to share those recipes with other home cooks instead of keeping them in the confines of my own kitchen. I’m driven by the goal of creating unique, delicious, workable recipes.
4. Who is your favorite comedian?
I’m not sure if I have just one, I like everyone who is on /writes for Bob’s Burgers.
5. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
I love being on the water in a boat, I can’t think of anything more relaxing than the lull of water and the breeze.
6. Who was your favorite teacher, and why?
I had an excellent publishing professor in college who always pushed me to write more. I also had a hilarious history teacher in high school.
7. Do you own any pets?
I have a cat named Oliver James Silverpaw (we felt he deserved a full name of his own). He has gone from street cat to pampered picky eater in an astonishingly short span of time.
8. The most embarrassing moment of your life?
Once I was in a play as a kid and I just completely froze onstage. That was pretty embarrassing, especially since I only had one line.
9. Where are you from?
I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. When I was a toddler my family moved to Jefferson City, Missouri. I moved to New Jersey for high school, Boston for college, Austin after college, and now New York. It’s always hard to answer where I’m from, but I would usually say Missouri since that’s where I spent most of my childhood years.
10. How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
A wood chuck would chuck, just as much wood- as a wood chuck should chuck.