This creamy truffle infused pasta with baby bella mushrooms and peas can be served extra creamy or crispy and baked- cook’s choice.
1 box baby bella mushrooms
1 box rotini (you may not use the whole box, I used about 3/4 of it cooked)
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1.5 cup almond milk
2 tbsp. non-dairy butter
1 tbsp. white truffle oil (If you don’t want to buy truffle oil, simply infuse some regular olive oil with garlic and rosemary, and use that instead of the truffle oil)
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. basil
1/2 tsp. oregano
(Optional: additional nutritional yeast and plan breadcrumbs, only use if you are making baked version)
1. Soak cashews in warm water for at least an hour.
2. Boil water for pasta. When pasta is fully cooked, just drain it and set aside.
3. While pasta is cooking, make your cashew cream. Combine drained cashews, 1/4 cup almond milk, 4 tbsp. water, and 1/2 tsp. lemon juice- puree in food processor. Set it aside for now.
4. Now chop your mushrooms. Saute them in non-dairy butter and truffle oil.
5. Once the mushrooms are browned, add in the rest of the almond milk, and gradually stir in the cashew cream. Mix in the basil, oregano, and nutritional yeast.
6. The sauce should be thickening now, if it isn’t you may want to turn up the burner a bit. Once it begins thickening add in the frozen peas. Mix throughly. Now you have two choices of how to finish this dish, you can either:
Gradually pour sauce into pasta, combine and serve as is. This will give you the creamiest possible result:
Or, you can combine pasta and sauce, and transfer to a casserole dish- add the extra breadcrumbs and nutritional yeast to the top, and bake at 400 for 15 minutes. If you are considering baking it, I would also recommend adding an extra 1/3 cup of almond milk immediately prior to baking.